LFA Community Pavilion in Granby Place
As part of this year's London Festival of Architecture (LFA), Collective Works have co-designed a pavilion with Ongéan for Granby Place, which will act as an inclusive temporary space that will be used for a range of activities and community lunches.
The overall aim with the space is to connect a cross-section of Londoners in unexpected ways. During LFA and Waterloo Food Month, the space will act as a gathering place where existing groups can congregate and individuals can form new connections.
The London Festival of Architecture is hosting a range of events around London over June. This year, the theme of the festival is 'Identity' and, as usual, the programme aims to celebrate London as a centre for architectural experimentation. The LFA will see a godzilla drawing workshop, an open festival to all interested in the creative industry, home improvement consultations, and a project planning workshop at the Community Pavilion. Some other events taking place in Waterloo include an exhibition exploring what defines a city's indentity, loo tours from Waterloo to West End, and The Alternative Architect's launch at Build Studios.
As part of the Waterloo Food Month programme, Phillip Oppenheim, owner of Cubana, will host a discussion panel at the LFA Community Pavilion on Wednesday 11 July. The event, Sustainability: Beyond the Buzzword, will address the question of what being sustainable actually means for a restaurant or food business. As the use and abuse of the buzzword 'sustainability' has grown, the discussion panel will host key speakers to expand on the actual meaning of sustainability.
Events in Waterloo at the London Festival of Architecture:
- The Original Loo Tour starting at Waterloo Station on 5 June and 23 June: http://lootours.com
- London’s New Identities by Weston Williamson + Partners on 9-10 June at 12 Valentine Place: www.westonwilliamson.com
- The Londoners – Community Live Drawing on 16 June at the LFA Community Pavilion, book by emailing email@example.com
- Exquisite Godzilla Drawing Workshop on 17 June at the LFA Community Pavilion: www.thejounetsucreator.com/p/others-click-to-view.html
- Community Champions Project Builder on 18 June at the LFA Community Pavilion, book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glug & CANNT Summer Lunch Talks on 19 June at the LFA Community Pavilion
- Collective Consciousness by MSMR Architects on 22 June at The Old School: http://msmropenstudio.eventbrite.co.uk?s=85318798
- Design Surgery/Home Improvement Consultations on 25 June at the LFA Community Pavilion
- Londonity by the Architecture and Design Department of the University of Genoa on 25 June at the Marlin Waterloo Hotel London: https://www.eventbrite.it/e/biglietti-londinity-45679375241
- The Alternative Architect - Talk and Launch on 27 June at Build Studios: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-alternative-architect-talk-launch-london-festival-of-architecture-tickets-45075477968