Why it pays to take on an apprentice
As an employer the benefits of taking on apprentice is two-fold:
Better retention rates and skilled staff
- Apprenticeships are a tried and tested way to recruit new staff, or re-train and upskill existing staff
- In-work progression for staff leads to higher productivity and retention rates for your business
- New apprenticeship standards available with programmes tailored to suit your business needs
Cash savings and discounts on qualifications
- Class 1 National Insurance Contributions exemption for apprentices under the age of 25
- £1000 cash incentive for hiring an apprentice between 16-18 years old
- 90% funding available for the apprentice’s qualification
- Opportunity to use up levy funds (if you are a levy payer)
Southwark Council are interested in collaborating with business who offer apprenticeships to encourage more residents gain employment and skills. Southwark is already working alongside top employers such as PWC, The National Theatre and TFL through the Southwark Apprenticeship Standard, setting the standard for apprenticeships in the borough.
What is the Southwark Apprenticeship Standard?
The Southwark Apprenticeship Standard is a unique quality mark granted to employers who are committed to excellence. It includes commitments to fair pay, secure employment, quality training provision and good apprentice support.
Registration to the Southwark Apprenticeship Standard is completely free! You will receive the following member benefits:
- Free recruitment service
- Permission to use the Southwark Apprenticeship Standard Stamp on promotional material
- Promotion of your apprenticeship vacancies across Southwark’s communication channels
- Access to Southwark’s Business Support Service offering levy advice and up to date guidance on emerging policy developments
- Invitations to regular Southwark Apprenticeship Standard events
- Access to a range of high quality providers of apprenticeship qualification
To access support, or to sign up to the Southwark Apprenticeship Standard contact Simon Sloan: email@example.com or 0207 525 1288.